July 25, 2008

Tuesday's ride

Phebes is still doing alright, although she is wanting to depend on Cree for leadership. She will go where he goes, but doesn't have the confidence to lead and I'm having to push that issue. Someone mentioned on the blog that backing would be a good fix for her balking issue. I'm going to try that on the flats, but unfortunately most of her balking issues are on downhills, so I can't really back her up on those.

Trailer loading on Tuesday and Wednesday were great, but last night we needed a second approach before she hopped in. If I walk her up to the trailer she won't step in, so I have to trot her up to the trailer. Hoping this gets better on down the line, because you don't always have room to make a running start at loading!

I've not got much accomplished this week. My Mom is in the hospital, and working those extra hours just isn't good for the cause. But you gotta do, what you gotta do.....~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment