Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
December 14, 2015
The Green Bean Levels Program
Our group at Green Bean Endurance spent four months this past year communicating with AERC about the creation of a Green Bean Levels program. (developed within the Green Bean ranks in fact) The latest board of directors meeting indicates that the program will come to fruition (albeit minus any of the minds of Green Bean on board). But that is okay. My initial visceral reaction aside, we are changing the face of endurance. Green Bean isn't going away. If nothing else was accomplished in seven years of being a "low rent" rider within the sport, Green Bean has scored the major coup of all time. Making new riders feel "welcome" in the ranks of endurance. Giving them reachable goals. Building social networks. And now a program within AERC to support it. Well done AERC, well done ☺