December 21, 2014

And Now A Story of Reasons to Stay

I am currently a non-member of AERC because I've been too lazy to send in my membership renewal.  But for a number of years I have renewed, and will again renew this year.  I'm a confirmed turtle rider, and garner nothing but a few mile (just a few) each year.  So why bother to be a part of AERC?

PERSONAL CHALLENGE

That is it in a nutshell for me.  It challenges me to push myself.  To get out there on my horse with purpose, to have goals and dreams.  AERC is the platform for all that.  They sanction the rides, and track my horse's progress/ miles, and without them my ponies would get fat and I would get lazy.  So you see?  We are being saved from our own ruination by personal challenge. 

So why should you join?

REGISTRATION OF YOUR HORSE

As part of your membership your horse becomes registered with AERC, and its mileage will be tracked for a lifetime of competition.  Why is that important?  Because if something happens to you that adds an incredible value to your horse, and the benefit of perhaps landing in a good endurance home.  Additional horses may be added for a nominal charge.   Journey's AERC registration as a distance horse is far more valuable than any other paper on her.

SEASONAL HOBBY

If you are a fair weather rider like I am, it gives you a multitude of possible mini-vacations to keep you occupied through Spring, Summer, and Fall.  Sanctioned rides are held all across the United States with our Midwest Region holding the banner high of most rides available.  Go Midwest!

IT GIVES ONE PURPOSE

A reason to ride. Enough said.

A PLATFORM TO COMPETE

If you are competitive, you certainly can be.  You can set your sights to win a ride each year, two each year, ride for regional, ride for nationals.  Ride to top ten and Best Condition.  If you are that good...well----bring it on.

SOCIAL CONNECTIONS

If you are the social type, gatherings of AERC members at rides and other functions give you the opportunity to meet, greet, and connect with people of similar interest.

ENDURANCE NEWS & ENDURANCE NEWS EXTRA

The magazine comes out monthly and the Extra version online quarterly.   Keep track of the competition, upcoming rides, and informative articles that teach, inspire, and entertain.

So there you go!  Seven quick reasons to join for the first time, or renew if you haven't already. 

Get crackin!


No comments:

Post a Comment