I'm learning some things. New and exciting things. Tips and strategy from folks who ride endurance in the Northeast region. I'm excited for the first time in .... a LONG time. The Spotted Wonder is being pulled out of mothballs. I've discovered that there are folks (in small numbers) out there doing the sport successfully on something other than arabians. Their goals may be more tuned to completion and mileage than towards points. It may be that it takes more knowledge, and ridecamp strategy to do it successfully. But I'm learning some new stuff. I will ask if they mind if I "share" here on my blog.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association