Team #1: 24.13 (the only pioneer entry showing mileage at this point) Deanna
Team #2: 0
Team #3: 0
Team #4: 55.6 (1st position in Cavalry on this date) Aurora
Team #5: 52.2 (2nd position in Cavalry on this date) Caitlyn
Team #6: 0
Team #11: 0
Team #12: 0
Team # 13: 0
Team # 14: 8 (3rd position in Cavalry on this date) Nicole
Team # 15: 0
Team # 16: 0
Remember that all forward saddle time counts. If you GPS use that as your mileage. If you ride a trail that is mapped for distance, use that distance. If you use the "average" method calculate 3 miles for each hour ridden at the walk, use 5 mph for each hour ridden at the trot. Trail time counts, arena time counts, standing still time does not. Keep a paper record! Just in case blogger has an issue at some point you will have a record of your miles. ~ E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association