Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
Southeastern Indiana CMO
Hi all ! Southeastern Indiana horse people you are in for a treat! Two Horse Tack is sponsoring a ride to be held at Versailles State Park late in the spring 2017.
The goal? To build a competitive group of CMO riders in the south and southeastern part of Indiana. There already is a highly viable group in the northern part of the state.
If you are interested in a fun, and challenging activity for you and your family, check out a Competitive Mounted Orienteering ride near you.
I am especially excited that Two Horse Tack has come on board in support of this inaugural ride we are call the Two Horse Tango. It should be warm by then (late spring) and the night still comfortable for camping. Versailles State Park boasts about 24 miles of trail, none overly challenging making it the perfect venue to hold a ride. We do suggest hoof protection as there will be some service road crushed gravel that intersects trail heads.
Orienteering is the new direction I'm taking my equestrian activities after about eight years of dabbling in endurance riding. Having come to the place of wanting my equine pursuit to be more enjoyable (while being less stressful), and over all of less risk of injury to my horses. If you would like more information on the Two Horse Tango, please post a reply, message me on facebook, or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A huge and resounding thank you to Two Horse Tack who continues to follow and sponsor my crazy equine adventure ♥